Department of Public Works has five major areas of responsibility:
sanitation, streets and roads, storm drains, parks and playgrounds
and public buildings. A brief description of these various services
and responsibilities of this Department follows:
SANITATION & BULK
Effective March 18, 2013, the Atlantic County Utilities Authority (ACUA) will begin picking up trash and bulk waste. All collection routes will remain the same. The following provisions apply to all collection:
- Place items out the night before they are scheduled to be picked up or by 7:00 a.m. on collection day.
- Place all items curbside in full view, avoiding parked cars, and at least ten feet from recyclables.
- Limit 40-Gallon Bag or Container acceptable.
- Limit 50 lbs. per container, bag or item.
- Do NOT use boxes for containers- Recycle flattened boxes with mixed "single stream" recycling
- Any container out for garbage containing recyclables will be left!
- Bulk Trash Examples: Furniture, wood waste, textiles, mattress, carpeting (must be cut to 4ft. rolls, 50 lbs. per roll, and tied), and other large items of waste material excluding construction & demolition debris. Please place bulk items out on your regularly scheduled collection day. Bulk items are limited to two (2) per trash day.
- Items such as refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners require a hazardous handling fee of $15.00 to be paid to the City Clerk prior to collection and will be picked up by the Linwood Public Works Department.
- For gas, pesticides, paint, driveway sealer and other such household hazardous wastes call Atlantic County Utilities Authority 272-6950 or go to www.acua.com/hhw
- Please avoid calling about missed items until 9:00 am in most instances, the problem can be rectified promptly.
Women's Houston Texans Cuce Navy The Underdog Scoop Sequin Logo Long Sleeve T-Shirt,Toddler Chicago Bears Matt Forte Nike Navy Blue Game Jersey,Mens Denver Broncos Majestic Orange Helmet Synthetic Pullover Hoodie.Men's Oakland Raiders New Era Black Super Bowl XI On The Fifty Jumbo Vize Original Fit 9FIFTY Adjustable Hat,Youth Dallas Cowboys Gray Touchdown T-Shirt,Seattle Seahawks Madison Bi-Fold Wallet New England Jerseys On Sale
.cheap nfl jerseys china for mens womens youth jerseys,New England Patriots 8'' x 8'' Logo Repositionable Decal Set,Mens Miami Dolphins '47 Brand Orange/White Classic Freshman Franchise Fitted Hat.Minnesota Vikings McArthur Lil' Fan All Pro Bib,Men's St New England Patriots Jerseys Wholesale
. Louis Rams Kurt Warner Nike White Retired Player Limited Jersey.Women's Detroit Lions '47 Brand Blue Eileen Cuffed Knit Hat,Youth Atlanta Falcons Black Tactical Polar Fleece Full-Zip Jacket,Men's Denver Broncos Nike Gray Stadium Classic Club Fleece Pullover Hoodie.Infant Houston Texans Pink Bodysuit Bib & Bootie Set,Women's Atlanta Falcons Aztec Slide Slippers,Women's New England Patriots Cutter & Buck Navy Epic Easy Care Mini Bengal Woven Shirt New England Jerseys Wholesale
.Tennessee Titans WinCraft 8'' x 8'' Color Car Decal,Men's Chicago Bears New Era White Solid Cuffed Knit Hat,Mens New Orleans Saints New Era Black Super Bowl Patch Post 9FIFTY Adjustable Hat New England Jerseys Cheap
.Men's Chicago Bears G-III Sports by Carl Banks Navy/Black Legend Reversible Full-Zip Hoodie,Pittsburgh Steelers Retro Springy Legs Bobblehead,Men's Atlanta Falcons Concepts Sport Red Solid Knit Pants
- If the collection day falls on a national (Federal) holiday, the collections will be performed as scheduled with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. When a regular collection day falls on a holiday (or a weather related emergency), containers shall be put out the next regular collection day for example: Monday is a holiday put trash out on Tuesday, if the holiday falls on Friday put your trash out the following Monday. Go to www.acua.com for weather related collection advisories.
- Electronic Waste: as of Jan, 2011, electronic waste such as computers, laptops, monitors and televisions have been banned from landfill disposal. Linwood Public Works will collect these items at the curb and dispose of them in accordance with the law. These items can be recycled at any of the three Goodwill locations in Atlantic County (AC, Cardiff & Hammonton) or at Best Buy, more locations will surely be added in the future. The Electronic Waste Management Act does not cover cell phones, DVD players, VCRs, game consoles, or other electronic devices, although some retailers and service organizations provide opportunities for recycling these items.
STREETS & ROADS
Department maintains approximately 55 miles of streets within the
City.There is a County road and a State road within the City, which
the Department does NOT maintain. The County road is Shore road
and the State road is New road.
and Traffic Signs: Working closely with the Police Department
installing and maintaining all street and traffic signs on township
Paving projects are prioritized within the engineering committee
and the finance committee which then is sent to Mayor & Council
City Roads: Approximately 55 miles of City roads are swept at
least once each year, weather permitting.
Potholes occur from freezing and thawing conditions and are filled
as quickly as possible. Residents phone calls reporting potholes
Plowing: Snowplows are dispatched when snow has accumulated to
three (3) inches. Working in conjunction with county and state
vehicles, all main roads within the City are plowed first, insuring
the passage of emergency vehicles. Secondary roads are plowed
after main roads have been plowed. Please remove vehicles and
portable basketball nets from
the streets where possible to facilitate snow plowing.
Leaf recycling takes place once year on all City streets. The
Fall collection takes place the second week of November till
the third week of December. We begin in the north end of the
City and work south. We do (3) collections from all streets during
the fall. The exact day collection will take place on any individual
street is not possible to determine and depends on the volume
of leaves being collected.
waste collection is provided by Atlantic County Utilities Authority,
collections are made on Saturday a schedule is mailed to every
resident. If you did not receive one you can contact PW and we
will supply you one. If you have any questions about this service
you can contact ACUA at 272-6960.
Department maintains approximately 520 storm basin inlets and
37 outfall lines. These basins and lines are cleaned on a
on-going preventative maintenance program. During rain and snowstorms,
catch basin inlets are kept clear of any debris to insure optimum
performance of the drainage system. All we ask of our residents
is to use the trash and recycling containers
we have placed all around our town.Using these containers will
help us keep these basins and lines free from blockages and poor
drainage. In the event of a storm basin or line backup on your
street call the Department of Public Works.
Department takes care of one playground, ten sports fields and
two parks and play equipment are maintained on a daily basis,
with the major emphasis being directed toward the summer months.
the event of any emergency during other then regular working
hours, a phone call to the Police Department (927-5252) will
get a member of this department for assistance in an emergency
Superintendent of Public Works