Police Department - Firearms Applications
A Linwood resident who wishes to apply for an INITIAL Firearms Identification Card and a Pistol Permit must complete the following:
- Pick up an application and an Agency Case Number.
- Complete the MorphoTrust USA application and make appointment for your fingerprinting. (A $52.69 fee will apply.)
- Complete and return all other paperwork in the application packet to the Linwood Police Department.
- Applicants will be contacted by the Detective Bureau when the Firearms Investigation is complete.
All DUPLICATE Firearms Identification Cards (You moved or lost or destroyed your card.) or NON-INITIAL Pistol Permit Applicants must complete the following:
- Pick up a Non-Initial Application and an Agency Case Number.
- Go online to https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/ and complete the online 212A Form (A $20.00 credit card or electronic check fee will apply) using the following information:
Linwood Police Department ORI: NJ0011400
Purpose: NJS 2C:58-3 Firearms Licensing
You will be asked for your SBI#
- Complete and return application packet.